Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Amy Goldwasser ; Whats the Matter with Kids Today


I read the article “What’s the Matter with Kids Today“ by Amy Goldwasser.  At first when I read the article I was confused so I read it a second time and I was able to understand her point. When I was reading the first page, Amy, made it seem that she was totally against teenagers obsessively being on the internet. One part of the article that really made me think that she was against it was when it says “Internet has turned teenagers into honest documentarians of their own lives.” I can relate to that because I have friends on facebook and when they are going through a break up or having a baby, or having a bad day they go and post it on facebook. So that the whole world can know what is going on with their lives. All the stats that she uses has evidence is very shocking. How some teenagers don’t know the role that Adolf Hitler played in WWII. I don’t agree or disagree with Amy. Even though she really has lot of evidence to back up the negative part she gives a very reasonable solution to the problem. Yes she does state that kids now a days are more worried about updating their facebook status then a research paper for school but she also states what parents and teachers can do to change the way teenagers use the internet. I thought the article was just going to talk about the negative aspect of the Internet but she says “we need to celebrate that our kids are reading and writing for fun ; it’s part of their social life” I am on the border line for when it comes if I agree or disagree. But I can say im more on the disagree side.

1 comment:

  1. hi~Chris, I am miaomiao, i am sorry to bother you but can you add me to the group blog?

    ReplyDelete